Dear Parents, if you are new to child care, it’s completely normal to have a million questions as you choose care for your child. After all, you need to be comfortable with the choice you’re making.
Visiting a centre is the best way to decide. It’s impossible to get a sense of an early learning centre from a brochure or website. You really need to talk to the educators, see the rooms and facilities and experience the feel of the centre.
You’re welcome to visit our centre any time and the Centre Manager will be very pleased to give you a tour. Alternatively, book a tour through this site, or phone (09)520 0540
It’s important to know what to look for and which aspects of the centre matter most to you. We’ve listened to parents and the following list is a great starting point when you’re visiting a centre.
- A positive environment, where the children are happy, content, and settled.
- The centre team is made up of qualified and experienced staff.
- The centre is a safe and secure environment.
- Staff have quality relationships with children.
- There is a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
- There is clear, daily communication from the Staff about your child’s routine and activities.
- There are innovative and creative programs that assist development.
- Staff are warm and friendly.
- The room presents a stimulating environment (for example, quality toys, books, and artwork).
- The centre provides feedback on children’s progress.
- The centre meets all legal obligations under various acts.